Yes, I thought it was not an acceptable change and thanks for confirming it.

We do want to enable host validation when user configures to use default
context.

So hostname validation will be enabled if `ssl-use-default-sslcontext=true`
else if user provides keystore and truststore then hostname validation is
disabled.