So, sound like we still need to support *PROXY types. It's OK to drop
support for LOCAL* region types in management rest API?

Also, regarding existing region shortcuts, we are also experimenting using
different object types to represent different types of region, for example,
redundantCopies property should only exists in partition regions. Instead
of having a flat object that could have a type of any of these values and
holds all sorts of properties that may/may not make sense for that type,
should just have a factory method that given these region shortcuts, we
would return a specific region object that's determined by this type?

--
Cheers

Jinmei