By far the most common region "scope" is distributed-ack. We think LOCAL
scope is hardly ever used.
Partitioned regions ignore the scope and automatically use
"distributed-ack".

Should the default scope of "distributed-no-ack" be supported by the rest
management api for replicates?
Should the scope of "global" be supported by the rest management api for
replicates?