Given that the C-binding will be tightly coupled with the C++ layer and written
in C++ I don’t think it make sense to have its own repository. In order for the
C-binding need to access internal, non-exported methods, for things like
serialization it will need to be statically linked to the C++ library. If we
use separate repositories and builds then we need to build a static library for
the dependency in the C-binding library. This seems overly complicated to me
for little to no gain. Can you please elaborate on the the pros of having a
separate repository for the C-binding?

For sure agree on the .net core repo. Tough depending on the mixed mode binary
support we still might run into the dependency issues on static library.

-Jake