We in this instance means the native client team.  As far as specific
comments, I'm going to suggest we not go down that road, because this feels
a little more adversarial to me than it needs to be already.  Suffice to
say that from my own perspective, in both what you wrote and what I got
from our in-person conversation on Monday, your answer to the general
question "Should the C bindings be part of the native client?" appeared to
be no, thus a separate repository seemed a perfectly reasonable
assumption.  I had hoped to do this in the geode-native repo to begin with,
so your assent to this makes life easier.

As far as my concerns about inefficiency, what I meant is essentially yes
we have multiple copies of the same code in the release, and this always
makes me a little uneasy.  I've seen a lot of compatibility bugs in my
career having to do with different products having different versions of
the same code, so my natural inclination is to avoid it when possible.
Having both C++ and C-style functions exported from the same library
doesn't give me any heartburn at all, so simply compiling the C bindings
into the existing shared library just means one less copy of the code in
the installation.  I fear I am in the minority in this opinion, however,
and it's not something I'm really doctrinaire about, so I'll defer.

So are we good here?  I'd like to get the RFC wrapped up and move on to
building this.

Thanks,

Blake