From: Mark Bretl <asf.mbr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:21 PM
To: dev@geode.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ready for release candidate?

I believe we are farther away from the actual '1.0.0' release, so it does
not make sense to have the long standing release branch. Since
'1.0.0-ALPHA' is the release name, I would expect the branch name to match.
This goes for any 'beta', M1, M2, Mx, then final '1.0.0' release branch.

Those are my thoughts anyway...

--Mark