That's not what I understood.

My understanding is that we would call for the release and create a branch
from develop and do the remaining work for the release there AND let
develop continue it's flow.

After release work is complete, we then merge it on master, tag it and
delete the release branch.

Does that make sense ?

--

William Markito Oliveira
-- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to