That is really weird. Do any of your files contain the text "jsp-configType"?

Just a guess, but maybe this is something that the file at http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd is pulling in? Does it work if you remove the xsi:schemaLocation attribute?

-dain

On Aug 11, 2004, at 8:20 AM, Bordet, Simone wrote:

Hi,

I've been able to successfully deploy a WAR, but when I
start the server:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-resolve: Cannot resolve
the name 'j2ee:jsp-configType' to a(n) 'type definition' component.

Could you describe a bit more what the WAR is. More
importantly, you could share the web.xml. There was times
when I was facing some problems with deploying WAR (blojsom)
and had to add some XML stuff to web.xml and after deploying
remove them. It's not longer required.

It's simpler than HelloWorld:

WAR:
/index.jsp
/WEB-INF/
/WEB-INF/web.xml
/WEB-INF/geronimo-jetty.xml

web.xml:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
version="2.4">
</web-app>

geronimo-jetty.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty";
    configId="org/apache/geronimo/Console"
    parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server"

    <context-root>/console</context-root>
    <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>

Thanks

Simon