The vote to do a M3 release before ApacheCon was positive.  Now
the question is when.  I know many of us are travelling on Friday.  I
suggest we prepare the release on Wednesday, so we have a bit of time to
look it over before anyone hops on a plane.

        I'm not really looking for another vote, just speak up if you have
a problem with Wednesday being "the day".

        Hopefully there won't be any trouble getting a stable build for
the M3 release, but if there is, we may need to revert some changes and
ask them to be re-applied after the M3.

        So my plan is to continue to work on the release notes and, umm,
last-minute features until Wednesday and then get a stable build and
capture a "modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" as the
official M3 and then change it into a tarball and zip instead of a JAR and
sign it and post the release notes and download archives...
        David B, if you're bored and want to take charge of this, you're
more than welcome to.  :)

Thanks,
        Aaron