On May 30, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

The problem we have currently is that there is no continuity between our releases - the APIs, deployment plans, etc. have all changed incompatibly between them. This was fine with milestones; however, when we do a production release users need to have confidence that things won't break with the next one.

Ah we finally get to the root of what you are talking about. I believe that if we address this issue directly the technical structure of the svn tree will be obvious. Said another way, the technical discussion of the svn tree will never get anywhere without addressing this core issue first.

-dain