Aaron Mulder wrote:

<snip/>

        I guess I think it would be nice if there were some portletized
web frameworks we can use -- like Struts for Portlets, or whatever. (FWIW, it seems like several portal servers provide their own struts for portlet adapters, but I don't see a standard one.)

<snip/>

        Any thoughts?

On the framework side, there are a couple but the separation between action and render gives problems for some e.g. the Struts portlet framework originally double dispatched to the actions (not sure if that has been fixed yet).

The other thing that seems ironic is that most of the portlets are probably going to be very small implementations and there is a good chance that the footprint of the framework will be far larger than that of the portlet itself.

--
Jeremy