On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

Is there an easy way to do this with m1? I'm concerned about having two dependency lists: one in the project.xml and one in the pom.xml. Is there a tool that can merge the project.xml dependencies into a template pom.xml?

If there was a tool we'd probably go from pom.xml to project.xml for transitive deps reasons rather than the other way around.

But really, I wouldn't worry about having two deps lists. Here is an idea for keeping things working ...

Why don't we:
- use an non-conflicting groupId like org.apache.geronimo-m2 or something specifically for conversion
  - set it up in our continuum install as another project
  - and continuously build *both*

?

The reason for the new groupId is so that the m2 build doesn't interfere at all with our regular m1 build. We just won't sycn org.apache.geronimo-m2.

When our m2 build is read, we just drop the "-m2" suffix from the groupId and delete the old maven.xml and project.xml files.

Thoughts?

-David