Sachin Patel wrote:
Every time I run svn add as of recent I get... This never happened before.... I have no idea what changed on my system to start causing this. How can I prevent this?

subversion/libsvn_wc/props.c:980: (apr_err=200009)
svn: File 'pom.xml' has inconsistent newlines
subversion/libsvn_subr/subst.c:506: (apr_err=135000)
svn: Inconsistent line ending style

- sachin

Did you set defaults for subversion as documented in http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode#head-4cfe1f3516da2bace5dcb5ed105eaed7c7478afb ?

If so, maybe it is trying to add the pom.xml file with the default eol-style for xml files and it has found that your pom.xml file contains a combination of LF and CRLF line endings, therefore saying it is inconsistent. Maybe you need to get hold of a text editor that can clean these up, or a file hex editor. Did you use different tools when creating and editing the pom.xml file? If so, are the line endings configured differently?

If you are on Windows all line endings should be CRLF and if you are on *NIX then you should have LF line endings in the file. The settings in the wiki page above ensure that when you get a file from subversion that the line endings for text based files are in the correct style for your system. I am guessing that the eol-style settings are also used when adding a file to convert from an end user's native eol-style to a normalized style (not sure what style it is stored on the server, maybe the server's native style) and maybe that is where it is having problems??

John