Thanks David! It seems to run fine on the simple plans that I have tried though I do have a few quick comments and observations..

1) Should the version in the schema name be updated (from 1.0 -> 1.1) for both jetty and tomcat plans? For example, the following line is unchanged when the tool is run..
  <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.0";>

2) When using a unicode file as input (on windows platform) the output file isn't created in unicode format.

3) On windows platform, it seems that CR (x'0D') is inserted on the end of every line.. This appears as a musical note in my editor :)

-Dave-

David Jencks wrote:
I put the upgrade jar at

http://people.apache.org/~djencks/geronimo-upgrade-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

It would be very helpful to find out to what extent this works in real life.

It's supposed to include all the classes it needs (that's why its so big)

usage:

java -jar geronimo-upgrade-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar <path to source plan> [<path to target plan>]

if you leave out the target, you'll get output in the same directory as the source.

thanks