On 6/2/06, Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not sure how to handle assignment of JIRAs as they generally fall into
someone's area of
expertise but I think the fact their assigned to someone might scare someone
away from looking at it
   .  Thoughts?

What I wish to happen is to report new issues unassigned and then
whoever wants to work on it assigns it to hirself. I think it always
worked pretty well with some exceptions, and there were some talks
about re-assigning when someone stepped on and meant to work on an
issue that had already been assigned. I understand that it's much
harder to newcomers to re-assign than just assign an issue, so I like
your idea to *not* assign an issue upfront. Just leave it until
someone finds to be able to tackle it.

Matt

Jacek

--