On 7/3/06, Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
NOTE... the m2 build in trunk is already broken... this patches help
FIX MANY OF THOSE PROBLEMS!

NOTED, but... it's not broken. it has never worked so we can pretend
to call it broken. It's a small, but important point we cannot
dismiss.

Since the official build is still m1 and this will not affect the m1
build, I don't see why your point about breakage is applicable at all.
When I first created the m1 build for Geronimo years ago there were
certainly a few moments of breakage due to build changes, but since
there was no commit by committee junk going on then it was easy to
just fix when things happened to get a bit askew.

The branch idea was just to make it easier to actually make progress,
as I am move on this stuff way way faster than the lot of you can
react to emails and JIRAs which often (as this one did) need several
sets of emails to clarify.

That's the point in RTC - discussing, discussing, over and over again.
I'm not in favour of RTC, but some of its rules are fine. It fosters
discussions we lacked. That's the main point of RTC. Isn't it funny
that you've mentioned it as an argument against RTC?

What's wrong with committing changes made in the branch back to trunk
once they've been tested? My proposal is not to wait until the
migration is done, but rather apply it in small portions, gradually.
It should work, shouldn't it? I'd greatly appreciate your comment on
it as I guess I don't see the whole picture and keep thinking the
branch might help when others have already seen it would fall short.

--jason

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski