On Sep 11, 2006, at 9:27 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:17 PM, David Blevins wrote:

[X] +1 CTR with documentation guidelines

And to clarify, my proposal was actual for CTR w/optional RTC with Lazy Consensus, where we as a community agree RTC with Lazy Consensus is encouraged in the following situations:

I'm inclined to say "at your discretion" where the following are encouraged:
 - Significant new functionality
 - Significant changes
 - Patches from Contributors
 - Borderline "fixes" to a stable branch

This is still my preferred verbiage.

Since this is a VOTE thread I think the vote needs to be unqualified. So the +1 is for 3 as stated or it should be a -1 with qualifications. Otherwise the vote gets very hard to tally.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My vote is for 3 without qualifications. Was simply adding (unsuccessfully) that my proposal didn't make it into the list of options.

-David

3. CTR with documentation guidelines

Geronimo follows a Commit-Then-Review model. There should be an emphasis of community communication. Community-based policing and persuasion will be used to remedy any problem areas. Guidelines are not strict dogma -- common sense should prevail. Community communication is the key, not a process. General guidelines are:

* Non-trivial changes (and certainly potentially controversial changes) should be announced on the dev list. This announcement should be well in advance of the change being committed. The community should be given the opportunity to understand and discuss the proposal.

* Concurrent with the commit of a significant change, the committer should document the change on the dev list. You should describe what you are doing, describe why you are doing it, and provide an overview of how you implemented it.

--kevan

Matt Hogstrom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]