David Jencks wrote:

On Sep 12, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

Thanks Jason. I had just remembered about the boilerplate assemblies and noticed the activemq-rar in there.

I don't know why we would need the activemq-rar in the boilderplate for minimal. David, can you give some more details?

I guess I was wrong, oh keeper of the minimal :) If we don't ship system-database with minimal we don't need the derby rars either. All the rars are there only as a convenience for someone who might want to deploy an additional instance: none are needed to run the shipping server. Joe, do you think we should leave them all out of minimal? I'd be fine with that.

I guess my take is that we shouldn't include any of the RARs in minimal. Jason, would you like to do that or shall I?

This also then raises the question of how the RARs will get included in the little-G growing to big-G scenario (or the framework to whatever scenario which is how I stumbled upon it). Perhaps we can add some artificial dependencies (for example maybe from system-database to the derby RARs?). Or we can just require that they be pulled manually. Any thoughts?

Joe

thanks
david jencks

I'll open a JIRA on the deps.

Joe

The rar deps need to be excluded... Open issue for that which I will fix shortly. And David Jencks said to add the rars to the minimal boilerplate, so I did. If that is not correct we can move it to the j2ee boilerplate. --jason