Not sure if this is the right forum to bring this up, but I was wondering if this is a good opportunity to migrate some of servicemix's infra to newer version.

i.e.

1. Use slf4j as the logging framework. (http://www.slf4j.org/) -> btw, I'm not sure if its a better option, but I did hear some good stuff about it.
2. Upgrade to junit 4.x (Port the existing test cases maybe?)

and maybe others.

Just my 2 cents. :)