On Oct 10, 2007, at 3:32 PM, David Jencks wrote:

Indeed it might. AFAIK no one has found an actual use for <import>service</import> dependencies before.... could I inquire what use you found for it and how you avoided class cast exceptions?

I looked into to using it to enforce module startup order. The console should startup before any console extensions because the console listens for extensions being added to its navigator. But those extensions should not (necessarily) inherit the console's classloader, especially since the console uses spring for configuring the pluto internals. The services dependency type didn't work as I had expected while using the c-m-p so I never actually used it in a server to see any class cast exceptions.

Best wishes,
Paul