On Oct 11, 2007, at 10:07 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

So in summary, do we keep the lists mutually exclusive ?

You've said mutually exclusive a couple of times and I don't understand why. The list of dependencies in the c-m-p configuration has to be a subset of the dependencies in the maven configuration. This is required by maven to get the build order right. What do you mean by mutually exclusive?

Paul, do you
still see a need for a merge/override option ?

I do.

If so, I'll slowly deprecate the <useMavenDependency> option. Since
almost all configs have now been converted to plugins, I think it is
time we used the maven dependencies as default anyways. The presence
of any dependencies in the c-m-p configuration will make the c-m-p use
those deps only and exclude all maven deps.

This is decidedly different from what I thought you proposed and what I thought was a good idea. I thought you proposed always using all the qualifying maven dependencies (i.e. leave out provided and test, as at present) but modify the <import> type based on the c-m-p configuration.

However, I don't think we should proceed with this refinement until all the configs are checked to be generating reasonable geronimo- plugin.xml files

thanks
david jencks

Cheers
Prasad