The TOC seems to be too Feature centric.
As new users pickup Geronimo, we really need to focus on making their startup/learning curve as short and simple as possible.

How about grouping the content based on its intended audience with cross-links between sections as needed -

* Getting Started
** What's New/Changes from 2.0
** Obtaining, Community Support, Opening JIRAs
** Using GShell

* Developers
** Deployment plan creator
** Schema Docs (XSD to JavaDoc/HTML)
** Migrating apps from prior releases
** Pluggable Console
** Plugin Infrastructure
** Eclipse Plugin
** Sample Apps

* Administrators
** Configuration
** Administration Console
** Security and LoginModule usage
** Resource Adapters (DB, JMS, ...)
** Server Instances/Custom Assemblies
** Clustering
** Monitoring
** Advanced GShell topics

The ReleaseNotes are included in the assemblies, so no need to duplicate it in the docs. Anything on building from source or debuging a server in Eclipse should be kept in the GMOxDev wiki.

Also, now that we have a start of a internationalized Admin Console, I'd keep the number of screen shots to a minimum, as to reduce the effort required for others wanting to translate the docs into other languages.

-Donald

Hernan Cunico wrote:
Hi All,
some time ago I started to put together some topics for Geronimo v2.1 documentation. I tried to focus on the biggest new things we are offering now, topics we didn't have before and now we need to start from scratch.

The Geronimo v2.1 documentation space is already available here http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/documentation.html

The initial TOC includes:

* Configuration changes
* Deployment
 ** Deployment plan creator
* Geronimo Administration Console enhancements
* GShell
* Monitoring
* Pluggable console
* Plugin infrastructure enhancements
* RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.TXT
* Sample applications
* Security
* Tooling
* What's new?

Each of these pages already contain a few lines with some initial thoughts. Need your input for adding topics to this list as well as developing them. There might be things we already had in 2.0x but we didn't cover it in the doc, pls need your comments on that as well.

I think I'm finish covering *Deployment plan creator*, will do a refresh later on as new code gets in.

I also created this "place holder" http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-v21-list-of-functions-status.html under *Apache Geronimo Project Management* on the wiki so we can keep track there the features we have ready for prime time and those that are not so ready ;-) I could definitively use that info to build up a new set of docs, would also help users to see where we are at.

Cheers!
Hernan