"At the moment I'm inclined to think that require-bundle is not a workable
solution for (2) and so we might as well use import-package plus an osgi
runtime that uses and requires explicit external dependency information such
as provided by maven or geronimo-plugin.xml to choose what bundle to resolve
to. "

>From my point of view, I am not quite like this "mix" version, because we
must maintain the related information in two different places, that will
absolutely increase geronimo's complexity and some sorts of confusing on the
dependency settings, not only to the developers but also the users. I think
one of the purpose that we adopt OSGi is to make our server infrastructure
"standardize" to the OSGi specification, but not to create a new application
model.  Because this may lead to a non osgi compatiable bundle, IIUC, any
bundle that wanna be used in geronimo must re-write to provide the
additional mvn-style information.

Why do you think the require-bundle is not a workable solution for (2) ?

Rex.