I think this requires a little more discussion.

We seem to be flip-flopping on what should or should not be included in the list of plugins to export.

GERONIMO-4141 and the discussion around it was rather explicit that we should only include cars in the list. I believe the discussion at that time was that any component which might potentially be exported should specify "car" as it's module type and hence it will appear in the list.

If you specify a type of car instead of rar in the deployment plan for the db pool it will also appear in the list of potential plugins to export. So, perhaps the doc should be changed rather than the code (and also perhaps change the dbpool wizard so that it includes type car rather than rar)?

Basically, I think we need agreement before we push this change into 2.1.4.

The change is minor and wouldn't cause a problem to integrate but I'd like to verify that we have a consistent approach to plugins.

Joe

Shawn Jiang wrote:
I really think GERONIMO-4492 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4492>should be applied to 2.1.4. If we don't, the defect will break the published document here: http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/convert-your-current-applications-into-plugins.html