some questions  inline.

> I agree that to change the doc is another solution.  But all the connector
>> created with console wizard will default be rar type.  In this case, the
>> user can't export the connector he/she just created.  It looks quite
>> strange.   That's why I prefer to include the RAR type in the list instead
>> of only CAR type.
>>
>> ok but every plugin created by the car-maven--plugin -- including every
>> datasource and ee app in geronimo - has extension .car and IMO this is the
>> strongly preferred way to build plugins.  So doing it by hand in the server
>> should give more consistent results, and the documentation should promote
>> using the car extension
>>
> So I would say we should change the docs and if we don't change the
>> behavior of deploying stuff by default we should document that it's doing
>> something inconsistent with exporting the result as a plugin.

   Does this mean no matter which package extension the user is using(jar,
ear, rar or war), if a user want to deploy the artifact on Geronimo and
export it as a plugin, the user should specify <type>car<type> in the
deployment plan?

    Otherwise, the user need to use car-maven-plugin to convert their
applications into geronimo plugins batchly.

Jeff C