On Mar 25, 2009, at 7:35 AM, chi runhua wrote:

some questions  inline.
I agree that to change the doc is another solution. But all the connector created with console wizard will default be rar type. In this case, the user can't export the connector he/she just created. It looks quite strange. That's why I prefer to include the RAR type in the list instead of only CAR type.
ok but every plugin created by the car-maven--plugin -- including every datasource and ee app in geronimo - has extension .car and IMO this is the strongly preferred way to build plugins. So doing it by hand in the server should give more consistent results, and the documentation should promote using the car extension So I would say we should change the docs and if we don't change the behavior of deploying stuff by default we should document that it's doing something inconsistent with exporting the result as a plugin.

Does this mean no matter which package extension the user is using(jar, ear, rar or war), if a user want to deploy the artifact on Geronimo and export it as a plugin, the user should specify <type>car<type> in the deployment plan?

yes

Otherwise, the user need to use car-maven-plugin to convert their applications into geronimo plugins batchly.

Using the car-maven-plugin will allow you to include a lot more metadata and customization options but is not essential to generate a plugin.

thanks
david jencks

Jeff C