>>    What I mean is that, currently, Geronimo kernel is running in the OSGI
>> environment, and all those GBeans are running in the kernel.  I would like
>> to see that the OSGI is Geronimo kernel.  As you said in the comments below,
>> we might not need a kernel at all :-)
>>
> Yes. I hope so.

I'm trying to follow what you guys are saying, because it sounds very
interesting. I might be misunderstanding what the Geronimo Kernel is
exactly. If I understand this correctly, ie. the kernel provides
services, won't it make it difficult to then "replace" the kernel? If
the kernel is a bundle, it can be uninstalled/reinstalled, and provide
it's services? Similar to other OSGi environments, ex. Eclipse IDE.
The OSGi environment loads the IDE core as a bundle. Eclipse IDE core
isn't the OSGi. The actual "OSGi" in OSGi implementations is merely
the engine for managing/loading/activating bundles and services, and
if you keep to the spec should be nothing more than this?