Hi David,

FYI, pax-url-aether used aether 1.11, and part of my fix consists to upgrade to aether 1.13.1.

I will commit a fix soon on pax-url and karaf.

Regards
JB

On 01/18/2012 06:37 PM, David Jencks wrote:
I did a build on another machine with nexus turned off and reproduced
this problem.

We (karaf people) think that it's due to aether expecting maven metadata
in the karaf system repository and ignoring any artifacts there not
represented by metadata, and downloading a remote older version of the
snapshot. I did not see this because I have my local nexus configured to
not download any geronimo artifacts. It's still not entirely clear why
aether would prefer an older copy from apache-snapshots to a newer copy
in the ~/.m2/repository repo. This might be due to a bug in the old
version of aether embedded in pax-url-aether.

thanks
david jencks