Thanks for the update, I will try to find some time to take a look soon.

The jetty version conflict shouldn't be a problem because geronimo should not
be loading pax-web at all.  If you have some evidence that it is, please show
it....

In more detail, geronimo uses the karaf startup code, a lot of the other code,
and the feature and assembly code, but we make our own assemblies that don't
include everything the same way karaf "full" does.

thanks!
david jencks