Hi,

mainly just "mvn release:prepare release:perform" then standard ASF process
(dist area), my totally unwritten and unofficial tip would be to 1. ensure
the build passes (mvn install) with tcks then deactivate the tests
(skipTests in a profile property of your settings.xml) since it is  long
and totally useless during the release.

Romain Manni-Bucau