Replies inline.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 1:14 PM Owen O'Malley <owen.omal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I support the graduation, but we have some work to clean things up first.
> You probably don't want to use both private@ and dev@ in the same
> message, because it can cause mistakes. I've moved private to bbc.

*Abhishek: *Ack. Thanks.

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM Abhishek Tiwari <a...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I wanted to start a conversation about our readiness to graduate. We have
>> come a long way since we incubated in Apache, with:
>>
>> - 1700+ contributions from 96 contributors
>> - 3 releases under 2 different release managers
>> - 5 committers invited (all accepted)
>> - New Apache website setup [A]
>> - Issue tracking migrated to Jira [B]
>> - Dev conversations moved to d...@gobblin.incubator.org
>> - Diverse committers and PMCs (from 9 companies / institutes)
>> - We have built a meritocratic and open collaborative progress (the
>> Apache way)
>>
>> I think as next steps before moving to a formal vote, we need to:
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-131>
>> 1. Update Apache Gobblin (incubating) page [C]
>>

>    1. We need someone to use Apache RAT to make sure the code has Apache
>    licenses on all of the files.
>
> *Abhishek:* I had run it once when we incubated in Apache, since then we
have been diligent about accepting PRs. However, I will run it once again
for sanity. So, I will sign up for this.

>    1. Does someone have the link to the software grant?
>
> *Abhishek: * Forwarded to you and cc'd private. It was acknowledged and
registered at the time, should it be in some document repository that it
isn't?

>    1. Has anyone built the transitive graph of the dependency tree to
>    build the binary NOTICE file?
>
> *Abhishek: *Yes, I had done that during incubation. We should perhaps
refresh that.

>    1. Someone has to look into why https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/
> doesn't
>    think we have added committers. I can take that one.
>
> *Abhishek: *This is interesting, didn't knew about Clutch. No idea why it
thinks that we haven't added any committers. Thanks for checking!

>> <https://incubator.apache.org/projects/gobblin.html>
>> 2. Formally assess ourselves against Apache maturity model [D]
>>

> This one is actually optional.

*Abhishek: *Oh, nice to know.

>> 3. Perform podling name search [E]
>> 4. Review and update roster
>> 5. Review and update documentation wherever necessary
>>
>> I can start with 1 & 2, and I saw Owen is already looking into 4. I might
>> need our mentor's help with 1.
>> Does anyone want to look at 3, and 5?
>>

> We also need to address the checks of the website -
> https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/

*Abhishek: *Some flags look similar to those caught by Clutch, I will try
to address those.

.. Owen