Hi.

I updated my PR[2] with some improvements.

Also, I tested my code with this docker image [3] and it worked fine.

This what I did:
Run docker container:
docker run --hostname localhost -d --rm --name apache-kudu -p 7051:7051 -p
7050:7050 -p 8051:8051 -p 8050:8050 usuresearch/apache-kudu:1.8.0

Change master address within tests [1]:

@Override
public void setUpClass() throws Exception {
//comment KuduTestHarness start
//harness.before();
conf.set(KuduBackendConstants.PROP_MASTERADDRESSES, "localhost:7051");
}

@Override
public void tearDownClass() throws Exception {
// comment KuduTestHarness end
///harness.after();
}

If you agree I could a create second version of the tests using
testcontainers and this docker image.

[1]
https://github.com/jhnmora000/gora/blob/GORA-485/gora-kudu/src/test/java/org/apache/gora/kudu/GoraKuduTestDriver.java#L41
[2] https://github.com/apache/gora/pull/178