Hi Emilian,

I added a comment on that issue, I think it would also be handy to have a
new Preferences dialog for general settings such as this. Having a dialog
behind a new menu item such as Edit > Preferences could have an edit box
for inputting/displaying the output limit that is backed by a preference.
This could also be where the log to file option could be place (another
request [1]).  In case some bits may be helpful, I started to play with
this a while back just to get more familiar with Swing/Groovy but never
finished [2].

Glad to hear you found this issue on the help wanted site.

John

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8180
[2]
https://github.com/jwagenleitner/groovy/commit/f0181f1564fdb0357b3852d15b0730582cc468ce