On Sun, 2018-03-11 at 15:12 +0100, Cédric Champeau wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if it's reasonable to continue maintaining 2.4.x. We
> have a
> long standing 2.5 release waiting, as well as 2.6 and master. Given
> the
> number of maintainers we have, I feel it's just slowing us down, and
> we
> need to move forward. Honestly I'd be in favor of only maintaining 2
> branches: 2.5.x and 3.0.x.
>
> WDYT?

Where does 2.6.x git into this?

But yes having fewer maintained versions makes sense not just because
it saves developer hassle, but it makes things clearer for users, to
many of whom seem to think running ancient versions of things in the
face of having better, newer, versions is acceptable.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200