From: Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:52 PM
To: dev@groovy.apache.org; Milles, Eric (TR Tech, Content & Ops)
Subject: Re: Configuring Extension Module using Custom Annotation

On 19.06.19 17:05, Milles, Eric (TR Tech, Content & Ops) wrote:
> What is the concern or issue with the comma-separated property in the
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ExtensionModule file?
>

> If annotations were used, Groovy would need to scan the entire classpath
> looking for tagged classes.  The property file allows only looking for a
> specific resource in each library on the classpath.

Groovy runtime or compiler?

For me this would be a compiler thing and I would let it add to the
extension module file if not in there already when the file is compiled.
In a full build scenario this should work perfectly and in an
incremental build scenario not 100%, since there is no way to remove the
file. But it does not require any classpath scanning.

Now in case of an IDE the situation is maybe different. I am sure you
can give the best insight here.

bye Jochen