Hi Groovy Team,

We have a DSL plug-in platform in our company. I advice people to write
Extension module classes for existing Java classes for better readable code
in groovy environment. In that perspective, I want to avoid every one having
comma separated class name entries in
`META-INF/groovy/org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ExtensionModule`....With that
idea, I am just thinking of alternative ways to declare the ExtensionModule
classes.

-------
Is it a decent idea to have annotations like @ExtensionClass and
@StaticExtensionClass for Class types instead of manually declaring the
class names in
`META-INF/groovy/org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ExtensionModule`??

May be using apt (I am not sure), we can create the
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ExtensionModule for each compilation unit and
let it go the classpath.... Let Groovy runtime work as usual...!

I am just throwing my thoughts

NOTE-1:

Currently, the `META-INF/groovy/org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ExtensionModule`
has the extension module classes. The IDE (Intellij Idea) is showing the
extension methods with ctrl+space.... That is excellent and required. The
same tooling support is required also with the idea mentioned above...

NOTE-2:

It the idea is considered for implementation, I am more than happy to work
on this feature and submit PR...

Regards,K Adithyan

-----
Thanks,