Hi OC,

I think that generally speaking, hiding/masking an outer variable like that is a quite undesireable coding style, so I like the current Groovy behavior (even if it deviates from C, evidently - I never used code like that in C, so I did not even know it was valid ;-) ).

What specific use case did you have in mind, where just renaming the inner variable to i0, j, k, ... or the outer to index, idx, ... would not be the better solution ? (I use an informal coding style where I use variable names with a number at the end for short term / loop / etc variables, and for parameters and variables who live throughout a method or larger block I use no number postfix or longer names; the short name / long name meta at least is quite common, I think)

Cheers,
mg