We only upgraded to 8.1.1 a few days ago and not all tasks have been
tested yet. On the version you have, you should be able to build an
installation with "distBin" or "installGroovy".

I just fixed "publishToMavenLocal", so update and you should be good to go
to get the SNAPSHOT artifacts.

Groovy 4.0.12 should run fine with JDK 21ea. From your stack trace, it
looks like an older version of ASM or Groovy is on your classpath.

Cheers, Paul.