On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:
>> A day may be too tight, but maybe we can compromise on a few days, or a week?
>

> My concern is about providing the community enough opportunity to test a new
> change or do CTR. A week is reasonable.

As I understand it, we are under a review-then-commit model for
anything that's not trivial. If we're regularly committing stuff that
we think is trivial, and it turns out to introduce problems, then
we're doing a bad job of judging triviality, don't you think?

As for testing changes, if we discover that something introduced a
regression, I'm in favor of opening a new JIRA if it's been more than
a day or two. We can add a new "link" type for JIRA, eg "HBASE-1234 is
a regression of HBASE-1000". We already have "is caused by", I think.

-Todd