The only reason I can think of to make decisions now would be if we want to
ensure we have consensus for the changes for Phoenix and enough time to
implement them.

Given that AFAIK it's those changes that'll drive having a 1.1 release,
seems prudent. But I haven't been tracking the changes lately.

I think we're all in agreement that something needs to be done, and that
HBase 1.1 and Phoenix 5 are the places to do it. Probably it won't be
contentious to just decide as changes are ready?

--
Sean