No.

semver[1] has an explicit policy to have identifiers in this format:

MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH[-IDENTIFIER]

>From [1]:

Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are available as
extensions to the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.
Bullet point 9 in [1] talks about this. If we want to do "developer
preview" releases, we should use 1.1.0-alpha, 1.1.0-beta kind of version
name.

[1] http://semver.org/

Enis