Nice writeup Sean.

Yeah, +1 to new jruby in hbase 2.0. We'd need to be careful license is
still amenable and hopefully jruby 9k will be slimmer than jruby 1.7+.

But if we are going to do a significant shell refactor for hbase 2.0,
should we consider doing something more radical; e.g. a new shell? If
interest, could start up a new thread so don't distract from this one.

St.Ack