Thanks for pulling in the FS Quotas work, Stack. I'm trying to cross the last T's and dot the last I's.

The biggest thing I know I need to do still is to write a new chapter to the book. After that, I'd start entertaining larger reviews/discussions to merge the feature into master. Anyone with free time (giggles) is more than welcome to start perusing :)

Stack wrote:
Just a quick update (Please feel free to amend your own status in our
hbase-2.0 doc [1]).

On the criticals:

+ Little progress on the blocker AMv2. A month or more necessary still
before code complete (Estimate)
+ Accordion (inmemory compaction) progressing nicely as is the offheap
read/write path. Both are almost done.
+ Rolling upgrade testing. No work done.
+ No recent work on core decision tasks (clean-up narrative around RPC
timeout, hbase:meta on master or not, batch vs partial semantic, etc.)

Non-criticals/Ancillaries

+ Async client and C++ client are both making good progress. Not done.
+ Backup/Restore is making good progress
+ RegionServer-based assignment got a bunch of scrutiny lately and is now
'done'.
+ FileSystem Quotas making good progress.

I'm seeing another month or two at least before branch and probably three.
See doc [1] for more detail.

Yours,
St.Ack

1.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WCsVlnHjJeKUcl7wHwqb4z9iEu_