To be honest, Andrew, it is a blocker because I called it BLOCKER. By
BLOCKER I meant - MUST be resolved by 2.0 RC1.

How far are we from 2.0 RC1, by the way? I am pretty sure, that not only
Phase 3 will be completed by that date, but even more advanced - Phase 4,
with features like snapshot-less full backups, performance optimizations,
point-in-time recovery and full s3 (and other clouds) support.

-Vlad