Everything is in and ready to go. I'm out next week for the Thanksgiving
holiday, but will be back first week in December.

Here is what I anticipate:

   - December 4
      - 1.4.0 RC0 binaries will be available.
      - Voting begins.
      - Preflight checks will include RAT check, release audits, and 25
      iterations of the unit test suite.
   - December 5 - 8
      - 24 hours ITBLL
      - PE and YCSB on cluster perf comparison with 1.2
      - PE and YCSB single server profiling with JFR, comparison with 1.2
   - December 11
      - Voting concludes
      - Release, or RC1 depending on testing outcome
      - December 18
      - RC1 voting concludes and release, if we need a RC1

>From now until the 1.4.0 release, please refrain from committing
potentially destabilizing changes or changes to public APIs to branch-1.4.

Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk