After 2.15.0, all the problems require you manually put some special
markers in the pattern layout in your configuration file, so it is already
less hurt, we do not have something like %m{lookup} in the pattern layout
by default.

Anyway, since we haven’t released 3.0.0-alpha-2 yet, let’s upgrade to the
newest version.

But stay on log4j1 should not be considered as a solution. Log4j1 is
already dead long ago and it has several CVEs where no one wants to fix
them, and our statement was just ‘do not use the feature’. That’s why we
want to migrate to log4j2. Every project may have CVEs, so I think whether
there are still enough people who are still maintaining the project is the
most important thing. Log4j2 is already the most active logging framework,
another option is logback, but there were no releases for nearly 4 years
before 2021…

Thanks. Let me upgrade the log4j2 to 2.17.0 and send out RC2.

Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>于2021年12月19日 周日05:25写道: