Heya,

At the bottom of [0], we're having a small discussion about the impact of
the flatten-maven-plugin on the poms we publish. For background, since
we've started using Maven's "CI Friendly Versions" feature, we have also
started using the flatten plugin on install/deploy [1]. I notice that using
the default configurations, we lose almost all of the project/community
metadata from the poms. I'm wondering if we should go out of our way to
preserve this extra info in our poms, or if it's really just extra weight
in the distribution that users can find on our website.

Whichever path we choose, we should apply the setting across all of our
project repositories.

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: https://github.com/apache/hbase-operator-tools/pull/112