Yes, at my employer we are running daily backups using the new system,
including incremental backups, on ~130 clusters including 2 production
clusters. We've had troubles with incremental backups on a few clusters,
but most have been fine. We've also got end-to-end recurring acceptance
tests which verify that we can create backups and restore from them. We
don't use merging of incrementals, but that seems more like a nice-to-have
relative to the core functionality of creating a backup and restoring from
it.

I agree that it would have been ideal to release with all bugs resolved.
Part of the problem is lack of community adoption or development, since it
had been stuck on 3.0-alpha for so long. My employer has pushed a bunch of
fixes to backups, but they have all been along the lines of how we intend
to run them (i.e. not looking at merges). So I appreciate having Dieter and
team's help as well, and will continue to help review and merge fixes there
as well as push releases.

Backups may be "flagship" but it's also "experimental". So I think it's ok
to release as-is given the core functionality works and there is much more
waiting on 2.6.0 beyond just backups. We will release 2.6.1 shortly, after
the issues have been resolved for backups.

I believe we only need 3 binding votes, which we have (including my own).
But I will keep it open a little longer in the hopes that other PMC weigh
in with an official vote on this first minor release in a while.

Thanks everyone!