Hi folks,

I've just redeployed the site with a new draft of
our Charter. It will appear here shortly:
http://hc.apache.org/charter.html

Compared to the previous project scope presented
in the same location, I've dropped the "collaborates
with other projects" item. We're helping all our
users as best we can, be they Apache projects or not.
If some of use choose to engage in other projects
to a greater extend, that is a personal decision
and not part of our project scope.
I've also put in items for new components and for the
possibility of hosting components-based applications.
The wording does not refer to HttpClient 3.1 as a
component, a subtle but relevant detail.

Please let me know what you think, or simply update
the draft.

I've also put some time into drafting Bylaws, but
these need more work until they are ready for review.

cheers,
  Roland