Erik Abele wrote:
On 20.02.2008, at 20:55, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client
4.0-alpha3. ...

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-alpha/packages/

 Vote:  HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3 release
 [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3.
 [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Some notes:

- Checksums and signatures are looking good

- Packages are matching the tag

- Packages have identical content except:
  httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3-src.tar.gz
/module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/doc-files/tsccm-structure.png
  vs.
  httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3-src.zip
/module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/doc-files/tsccm-structure.png

  Differing on line endings (Unix/Windows); both PNGs are not usable!
  Probably need to fiddle with src/main/assembly/*.xml to fix the assembly
  process to not touch these binary files while adjusting line endings.
  But certainly NOT a blocker!

My bad. I messed up.

- LICENSE/NOTICE/README/RELEASE_NOTES are looking good

- JAR contents are looking good

- Tests & build are fine on Linux but my OS X setup shows one
failure and several errors (though that's probably due to something local)

Here we seem to have a real issue. The test failures are easily reproducible on Mac OS. I just tested the latest HttpClient code on my wife's Mac Mini. All test cases that make use of the test HTTP server seem to be failing. I can look into problem no sooner than tomorrow in the eventing. I promised my wife to stay away from any kind of computer equipment for the best part of the weekend.

The bug seems to affect the test code only, so this still should not be a release blocker.

Oleg

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
        at org.apache.http.conn.util.SocketUtils.connect(SocketUtils.java:104)
        at org.apache.http.conn.util.SocketUtils.connect(SocketUtils.java:70)
at org.apache.http.conn.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:109) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:134) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.java:149) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:119) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ExecReqThread.doOpenConnection(ExecReqThread.java:132)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ExecReqThread.run(ExecReqThread.java:102)
Tests run: 320, Failures: 1, Errors: 10, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 6.972 sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Failed tests:
  testParallelRequests(org.apache.http.impl.conn.TestTSCCMWithServer)

Tests in error:

testRequestURIRewritingEmptyPath(org.apache.http.impl.client.TestRequestWrapper)
  testEcho(org.apache.http.impl.conn.TestLocalServer)
  testRandom(org.apache.http.impl.conn.TestLocalServer)

testCookieVersionSupportHeader1(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestCookie2Support)

testSetCookieVersionMix(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestCookie2Support)
  testBasicRedirect302(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)
  testBasicRedirect303(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)
  testBasicRedirect305(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)
  testRejectRelativeRedirect(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)

testRejectBogusRedirectLocation(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)

Cheers,
Erik